Very close to the capital city Dehradun i.e. approx. 35kms lay a hill station that is growing years by years in popularity calling more tourists to come and spend their holidays with great fun. Mussoorie, also known as the ‘Queen of the Hills’, is a city that not only Indians but foreigners, newcomers and mountain veterans all the year-round. The city of lush green mountains lies in the foothills of Uttarakhand’s Garhwal mountain ranges and offers tourist attractions of all kinds.
It is the centre of attraction for many visitors that come to the place every year as the place has natural and man-made places to visit in abundant.One can enjoy breath-taking adventurous activities enjoying their stay in the best budget hotels in Mussoorie. The beauty of the place is so mesmerizing that the nature lover will surely love the place as there are many reasons that the place can be explored a number of times.
- The dense forests full of the deodars and cedars trees cover almost all the slopes around the hill station, rivers and waterfalls enriching the land and beautifying it.The quaint temples dot the mountainside making it a great scene from far away.
- Staying in Mussoorie, one can go visit the ropeway on Gun Hill, which is the second highest peak there or one can take a stroll in the fresh air through Mall Road, picking up trinkets. Along the walk, one can dine in well-maintained restaurants offering special food of the place.
- The early morning majestic view of the mountains with the sun shining on the top of them must also not be missed. One can enjoy this scene coming out in the balcony when staying in the best 5-star hotel in Mussoorie.
- Mussoorie is also known as an ideal destination and a perfect weekend getaway option for families residing in the areas close to it like Delhi, Chandigarh and other cities close to the hill station. Therefore, the weekends sometimes in Mussoorie tend to get crowded. Visiting the hill station and spending a couple of days are a great introduction to the wonders of the GarhwalMountains.
- The hill station also offers other adventure activities where rock climbing, boating, camping, trekking can also be enjoyed with great enthusiasm with the friends and families.
The best time to visit the place is between mid-March and November, as, in the other months, due to rain, the visit might get affected. In addition to the cool temperatures, this town in Uttarakhand gives to its tourist’s new walks in the fresh mountain air, where bathing options in the cool waterfalls of Kempty fall can be enjoyed. There are many shopping options also where one can purchase good handicrafts and clothing at the antique shops on The Mall Road.Apart from it, the kids can enjoy horse riding, roller-skating, gaming zones and swings that are on the way walking on the Mall Road. Such amazing beauty of the place with so many activities to perform must not be missed.