The core functioning of mechanical engineers involves designing mechanical objects, pertaining to motor and engine gears or to complete manufacturing instruments that meet the functional criteria in an efficient manner. Therefore, design software and programs like AutoCAD becomes highly significant for mechanical engineers to create groundwork designs and identify errors related to the production process.
A number of B.Tech University in UP offers mechanical engineering students to go through a comprehensive AutoCAD (Computer Aided Design) mechanical training to make them learn the functioning of this program, which will help them design and develop 3-D models of the devices, detailing the dimensions and functions of the parts.
Let’s have a look at some significant reasons that this design software helps mechanical engineers in developing efficient models by saving time and money in comparison to the traditional prototyping.
- Design production: AutoCAD software helps these professionals to sketch and create ideas in order to determine the best possible and effective solution according to the requirements. Apart from designing the blueprint, they can also implement simplified redesign process.
- Testing and troubleshooting: With the help of this software, these graduates can easily track down the errors, flaws and discrepancies in the designing process, along with identifying the malfunctioning source, hence helps in developing an efficient model. Unlike the traditional process, testing of the designed products became easy and quick.
- Quality Assurance: This hi-tech software allows accurate assessment of a prototype’s performance over a longer period by replicating a variety of environments. This helps to develop neat specifications and delivers efficient and required model.
- Integration and communication: The digital format of this software allows multiple users to work at the same time, making necessary changes to the design from their own systems, thus developing overall collaboration and communication.
- Reduces time and cost: Traditional way of physical prototyping is a lengthy process. However, it can be reduced significantly with a quick prototype testing process through the AutoCAD software, offering better results. Physical testing of designs costs very high, and this software with its advanced technology reduces the cost automatically.
Top University in UP for B.Tech. or for that matter any other institute in the nation, offers programs along with proper training to students on technical aspects like production, design and quality assurance of different categories of machines and equipments. These courses undoubtedly help in developing highly qualified mechanical engineers capable of taking up the challenges in their areas of specialization.